PhD, Physics, 2023
Ellie joined MSL as a summer student in 2018 working on comparing different methods for analysing comparisons using simulated data.
In 2019 she started her PhD with MSL working on the goniospectrophotometer. Her work involved developing detailed measurement models for bidirectional scattering distribution function measurements using the goniospectrophotometer and comparing measurements made with colleagues at other national metrology institutes to work towards achieving traceability. Having completed her PhD in 2023, Ellie is now working as a Research Scientist in the Photometry and Radiometry team, predominantly focusing on spectrophotometry and goniospectrophotometry.
Areas of expertise
- Comparison analysis
- Uncertainty analysis
- E Molloy, A Koo, L Gevaux, G Obein, L Yang. "Use of bidirectional transmittance distribution function measurements to determine transmittance haze". Metrologia, 60, 055003, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1088/1681-7575/ace910
- E Molloy. "Metrology of Scattering Distributions". PhD Thesis (Victoria University of Wellington), 2023. https://doi.org/10.26686/wgtn.23735001
- A Peruzzi, S Dedyulin, M Levesque, D del Campo, B C Garcia Izquierdo, M E Gomez, K N Quelhas, M A P Neto, B M Lozano, L Eusebio, I Yang, F Sparasci, A Martin, L Risegari, P Saunders, E Molloy, X K Yan, J P Sun, X J Feng, J T Zhang, M-K Ho, T Nakano, J V Widiatmo, I Saito, E Ejigu, J Pearce, S Rudtsch, L Buenger, M Kalemci, A Uytun, C Bruin-Barendregt, M Panman, D R White, A Possolo. "CCT-K7.2021: CIPM Key Comparison of Water-Triple-Point Cells". Metrologia, 60, 03002, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1088/0026-1394/60/1A/03002
- N Basic, E Molloy, A Koo, A Ferrero, P S Garbarda, L Gevaux, G Porrovecchio, A Schirmacher, M Smid, P Blattner, KO Hauer, T Quast, J Compos, G Obein. "Intercomparison of bidirectional reflectance distribution function (BRDF) measurements at in-and out-of-plane geometries". Applied Optics, 62, 3320-3329, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.486156
- E Molloy, P Saunders, A Koo. "Effects of rotation errors on goniometric measurements". Metrologia, 59, 025002, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1088/1681-7575/ac438e
- E Molloy, A Koo, B D Hall, R Harding. "The Statistical Power and Confidence of Some Key Comparison Analysis Methods to Correctly Identify Participant Bias". Metrology, 1, 52-73, 2021. https://doi.org/10.3390/metrology1010004