Areas of expertise
- Cryogenics, liquid Helium and cryocoolers
- Ultra High Vacuum systems
- DC Voltage and Resistance
- AC Voltage and Current
- Thin Film Deposition
- High Temperature Superconductivity
- Electric Double Layer gating
- Sea Ice Physics
- PhD, Physics, 2014, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland and Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY, USA
Guy joined the MSL Electrical Standards team in 2021.
As an experiment physicist, Guy is interested in how solid matter behaves at extreme conditions, in particular at very low temperatures and under high magnetic fields. His research interests encompass the study of high-temperature superconductors and the superconductor insulator transition in cuprates, perovskite solar cells, new magnetic materials and exotic new electronic states called skyrmions, which may hold the key to future development in advanced computing systems. This work led him to develop experimental setups such as new dry cryogenic systems, UHV vacuum systems, magnetic annealing systems and to push the limits of DC voltage and resistance measurements.
Before joining MSL, Guy was involved in a market-driven electricity savings program for the Swiss government, worked in business consulting for the insurance and banking industry, and spent 5 years with the Robinson Research Institute of Victoria University of Wellington.
- D.J. Pringle, G. Dubuis, H. Eicken, Instruments and Methods Impedance measurements of the complex dielectric permittivity of sea ice at 50 MHz: pore microstructure and potential for salinity monitoring, J. Glaciol. 55 (2009) 81–94. doi:10.3189/002214309788608903
- A.T. Bollinger, G. Dubuis, J. Yoon, D. Pavuna, J. Misewich, I. Božović, Superconductor-insulator transition in La2-xSrxCuO4 at the pair quantum resistance, Nature.472 (2011) 458–460. doi:10.1038/nature09998
- G. Dubuis, A.T. Bollinger, D. Pavuna, I. Božović, Electric field effect on superconductivity in La2-xSrxCuO4, J. Appl. Phys.111 (2012) 112632. doi:10.1063/1.4726158
- G. Dubuis, A.T. Bollinger, D. Pavuna, I. Božović, Critical Resistance at the Superconductor-Insulator Transition in Hole-Doped Cuprates, J. Supercond. Novel Magn. 26 (2013) 749–754. doi:10.1007/s10948-012-1982-6
- G. Dubuis, X. He, I. Božović, Sub-millikelvin stabilization of a closed cycle cryocooler, Rev. Sci. Instrum.85 (2014) 103902. doi:10.1063/1.4896049
- J. Werner, G. Dubuis, A. Walter, P. Löper, S.-J. Moon, S. Nicolay, et al., Sputtered rear electrode with broadband transparency for perovskite solar cells, Sol. Energ. Mat. Sol. Cells. 141 (2015) 407–413. doi:10.1016/j.solmat.2015.06.024
- G. Dubuis, Y. Yacoby, H. Zhou, X. He, A.T. Bollinger, D. Pavuna, et al., Oxygen Displacement in Cuprates under Ionic Liquid Field-Effect Gating, Sci. Rep. 6 (2016) 32378. doi:10.1038/srep32378
- B. M. Ludbrook, G. Dubuis, A.-H. Puichaud, B. J. Ruck, S. Granville, Nucleation and annihilation of skyrmions in Mn2CoAl observed through the topological Hall effect, Scientific Reports 7 (2017) 13620. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-13211-8
- Y. Zhang, G. Dubuis, T. Butler, S. Granville, Fractal Analysis of Skyrmions Generated by Field-Assisted Fine-tuning of Magnetic Anisotropy, Phys. Rev. Applied 15, 1 (2021) 014020. doi:10.1103/PhysRevApplied.15.014020
- Y. Zhang, Y. Yin, G. Dubuis, T. Butler, N. Medhekar and S. Granville, Berry curvature origin of the thickness dependent anomalous Hall effect in a ferromagnetic Weyl semimetal, npj Quantum Materials, 6 (2021) 17. doi:10.1038/s41535-021-00315-8